If you decide to undergo treatment with thermal waters, you need to know the following:
- The thermal spa doctor will be the person who decides the ideal treatment for your condition.
- It is not advisable to begin any type of treatment during an acute stage (such as asthmatic crises, catarrh, tuberculosis, etc.)
- You must seek advice if you notice any change in your health condition.
- If you are pregnant, or believe you may be pregnant, you must tell the doctor.
- In the case of respiratory and rheumatic treatments, from the start of the treatment until one month after it is over you must not expose yourself to sudden changes in temperature (bathing in swimming pools, the sea, or rivers; drinking frozen liquids or eating frozen foods; air conditioning).
- Thermal treatments for children are recommended in the spring or once the summer bathing period is over.
- You must bathe or shower before starting the thermal treatment every day, and you must not bathe or shower until two hours after completing the treatment, to favour the absorption of the minerals.
- You must not wear excessively warm clothing.